I’m always on the lookout for vegan cheese recipes that get close enough to the real thing to satisfy my craving. (See motto.)
I found this recipe for Simple Almond Cheese at Rawmazing. Surprisingly good. Definitely a keeper and very easy to make. Kind of a cross between feta and ricotta.
I made a couple of adjustments to the recipe:
– added 1 tablespoon of miso for a little more of the salty tang of cheese.
– added two or three good shakes (~ 1T) of McCormick Perfect Pinch Lemon Herb Seasoning because it was on hand.
– used sea salt because I need to use it up before I go buying more fancy salt.
– used a dirty sock instead of….oh, alright, not really.
I’m thinking this cheese go well with pizza. Speaking of pizza, Urban Earthworm made these, which I will definitely be trying.
More cheese recipes:
- Feta cheese using tofu (Happy Herbivore)
- Homemade vegan cheese using cashews (Vegangela)
- 14 Vegan Cheeses That Will Make You Forget the Real Thing (Buzzfeed)
*** Can I get a yay/yea! WholeSoy is back!
I don’t have the talent (or the patience) to do this, but I’m glad there are people who do. Seems a shame to eat something so creative.
*** Stop calling it “the cloud.” It’s just somebody else’s computer.
- the guitar solo in The Eagles Hotel California
- the marks the vacuum cleaner leaves on a rug
**** There are many versions of this beautiful song. Frank Sinatra’s is one of my favorites. So is Barbra Streisand’s. But I chose this one by Judi Dench because she played Desiree in the London production of A Little Night Music, and I think it best conveys the meaning and feeling of the song. Also because she looks exquisite in this video.
* “Well you know my name is Simon and I love to make great drawerings…”